About this blog
"There are two seasons in Scotland: June and winter."- Billy Connolly.
In 2012 I moved back to Canada, and I'm no longer updating this blog. Thanks for visiting.
In 2012 I moved back to Canada, and I'm no longer updating this blog. Thanks for visiting.
Popular Posts
-
The year is not so much drawing to a close as it is spinning like a bolt of ribbon that has been dropped and is now rolling down the stairs....
-
Ben Buie, Scotsman Calendar (June) This has been the most fun I have had with a giveaway so far. The responses to where you would most l...
-
Human creativity is a remarkable thing. It has the power to reinvent history, to layer a new story over old stones. If Robert Burns had neve...
-
I had planned to write about Arbroath Smokies, but with the news this past week focusing mainly on the dramatic forthcoming budget cuts thro...
-
After the winter we have had so far, I feel in need of an escape. So we turn and drive three miles off the main (albeit single track) road ...
-
I have returned from the post office, having sent off a cascade of envelopes containing treats of excellent goodness . Thanks everyone for ...
-
The first time I drove through Balquhidder Glen, I was in a desperate state. It was nearly four years ago, when I felt my life was built aro...
-
Driving in the northwest of Scotland toward Ullapool, we descended into this valley. I could only think of my friends who ride motorcycles, ...
-
Greetings, I messed up my draw somewhat and included a name from a comment on a different post. Not paying attention to my email updates. ...
-
Personal highlights include the RAF flypast, the Tongan dance with canoe paddles, creepy images of skeletons cast against the castle walls,...
Favourite Scotland Blogs & Sites
- Allotment 2 Kitchen
- Autofocused Photo blog
- Blue sky Scotland
- Cairn in the Mist
- CraftyGreenPoet
- Craigwell Cottage blog
- Dancing Beastie
- Dave Gifford in Shetland
- Edinburgh City Libraries blog
- Edinburgh Day by Day
- Edinburgh Spotlight
- Edinburgh Whisky Blog
- Edinburgh's Dark Side
- Elgol: Photo Hebrides
- Fergie & Fife
- Five Precious Things
- Gavin Macfie's highland adventures
- Glasgow Daily Photo
- GlenTrek
- Gone to Scotland
- Green Isle of the Great Deep
- Highland Happenings
- Islay Blog
- Journeys to Scotland
- Life on a Small Island (Orkneys)
- Life on the Hill
- Light and Dark
- Linda Mellor's Photographic Blog
- Love of Scotland
- Must Visit Scotland
- Natural Scotland
- Nordic Blackbird
- North Light
- Occasional Scotland
- Painting on the Edge
- Pebble Heart
- Photo Hebrides
- Photogenic Scotland
- Photographer Kim Ayres
- Raw Food in Scotland
- Scotland in the Gloaming
- Scotland Landscapes
- Scottish Ancenstry
- Scottish Borders
- Scottish Poetry Library
- Scottish Roundup
- The Edinburgh Blog
- The Good Soup Guide
- The Scottish Lemon
- Trampy and the Tramp (Curry!)
- Traveling Savage
- Uist Lady
- Wandering Gecko
- Wee bit of cooking
The Scotland lovers club
Labels
taste
(40)
Edinburgh
(37)
giveaways
(34)
castles
(19)
The Lothians
(14)
forests and parks
(13)
Churches and Cathedrals
(11)
Stirling and the Trossachs
(11)
The Borders
(9)
books
(9)
History and Culture
(7)
Homes and Estates
(7)
ayrshire and arran
(7)
beaches
(7)
glasgow
(7)
perthshire
(7)
rural life
(7)
sensual shopping
(7)
Glasgow and the Clyde
(6)
Northwest Highlands
(6)
The Kingdom of Fife
(6)
art and artists
(6)
festivals and events
(6)
gardens
(6)
graveyards
(6)
walks and trails
(6)
Far North
(5)
Military History
(5)
architecture
(5)
Dream Dwelling
(4)
Historical figures
(4)
Isle of Skye
(4)
Sutherland
(4)
Angus
(3)
Highlands
(3)
galleries and museums
(3)
wildlife
(3)
ghosts
(2)
smell
(2)
sound
(2)
Argyll and Bute
(1)
Blog of Note
(1)
DVDs
(1)
Dumfries and Galloway
(1)
East Coast
(1)
Edinburgh and the Lothians
(1)
Perth and Kinross
(1)
Scotland
(1)
Shetland
(1)
Spa Break
(1)
West Lothian
(1)
clackmannashire
(1)
competitions
(1)
guest post
(1)
immigration
(1)
literature
(1)
northwest coast
(1)
quiz
(1)
theatre and literature
(1)




