30 Jan 2010

Restarting the engine with some sensual news

A new laptop has been purchased and I am online once again. Oh, the trials of cyberland.

Good news: An online magazine, Yareah, is featuring my piece on the gardens of Lauriston Castle. You can read it here.

In just two days Edinburgh's annual City of Literature event will kick off. This year the Carry a Poem campaign will include book giveaways and a host of poetry events. So if you're in love with a Scottish poem, now is the time to share your thoughts. Check out the event's new Web site for more.

The city of Perth is one to watch in 2010 as it is celebrating its 800th birthday. There are events going on all year, from historical city tours to art exhibitions and concerts. The month of June is Archaeology month in Perthshire, so if you've ever dreamed of getting your hands on some history, this could be your chance. Perth 800 has a list of events here.

Another successful Celtic Connections is wrapping up in Glasgow. Even though I wasn't able to make it to any gigs this year, I love looking through their roster of bands. I never fail to discover a new band whose music I love.

Finally, good news for Edinburgh chocolate lovers. Once Farmers' Market regulars, the folks from The Chocolate Tree have opened a cozy cafe in Bruntsfield where they are selling their handmade organic chocolates and gorgeous cakes. And the locals in Gorgie finally have a beautiful patisserie in their own neighbourhood (ie my neighbourhood!). I am already waiting for picnic season, as Patisserie Jacob will be my one-stop shop for goodies.

And that's all my sensual Scottish news! Happy weekend to all.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP